Tutorials

▼

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Peg's Fred Fisherman Quilts


Peg made up these quilts using these hand appliqued Fred Fisherman blocks made by her husband's mother and grandmother.  They have been in a box for 60 years!


There were lots of them!  Enough to make 3 small quilts and a wallhanging.  


I had lots of fun quilting up these guys.  I made each one a little different- making the sky and the foreground a little different.  This guy is walking through rocks and grass with his fish on his pole.


And this one caught two!


And this poor guy came home empty-handed.  Or maybe he is just on his way to the fishing hole...


I really loved how these special quilts turned out.  Quilting on something so sentimental makes me a little nervous sometimes!  But I'm so glad that this UFO is finally able to come out of the closet and be enjoyed for many years to come!

1 comment:

  1. Jennie, I love seeing the quilts and your beautiful quilting. Teresa

    ReplyDelete