Tutorials

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

How in the heck am I going to quilt Kenny?- A T-shirt quilt

 
Roxanne made this T-shirt quilt for her daughter.  She is fairly new to quilting, but you would never guess that with this quilt!

 
Swirls were all over the backing fabric and in the cornerstones too so that's what I quilted in the black border. 
 
 
I filled in the blocks with plenty of loops and a few stars and flowers. 
 
 
The center block I did a little special...
 
 
 
And then there was the Kenny Chesney block.  How in the world was I going to quilt this?   I couldn't just meander all over his face!  I ended up outlining his body, hat, necklace, and chair.  And chin.  And the words.  And set him on fire.  :)  That ought to do it! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no comment to you setting Kenny on fire, but it sure made my day!!!
~ mom