Tutorials

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Thea's Kitties


Peg and Sarah made this adorable Kitty quilt for Thea-my niece. Thea is a lover of animals, not only cats, but anything with 4 or 6 legs! Frogs, toads, walking sticks, hamsters, puppies- you name it, she's holding it!


Thea arranged the blocks herself- she did an amazing job! She's 9 years old btw.


I quilted a fun funky feather in the purple batik border, and some double circles in the inner turquoise border.


I added her name in there too. As her aunt, I can make those fun executive decisions ;)


As for the blocks, I just kind of quilted all kinds of things in there. Mostly paisley feathered swirls, but with lots of other things in there too like feathers, hearts, swirls, flowers, leaves...


...and one special kitty face! I picked a dark blue one so the quilting would show up well with my light gray thread.


This was a big quilt- 100 inches square! 







The back-mostly a light lavender solid- shows the quilting really well.


LOVED quilting this one! Thea will be enjoying this one for a loong while I'm sure.

No comments: