Tutorials

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Becki's big Disappearing 16 Patch quilt


Becki made this huge quilt--lots of pieces to this one!



I quilted an all-over 'Feathers in a halfshell' on it. Do you ever find a design that you really like and it seems to work with the next 8 quilts? Well, that's what happened with this one.


I figure it's OK, because these 8 quilts are going in 8 different directions/people. Noone will ever know I got into a quilting design rut!


I used a light brown thread to blend in with all the colors.


The back. I did a little searching to see what this block is called and I found it! Disappearing 16 patch. And now I know how she did it--it's not as hard as it looks.


Thanks Becki!

1 comment:

beckip54@gmail.com said...

Still haven't given it to the lady i made it for. Had to show it at a guild meeting first before I handed it off and that was done last week! Glad to move this one out the door!