Tutorials

Friday, May 31, 2019

Polar Vortex


Becki made this awesome brightly colored quilt called Polar Vortex. It was made from a kit.



I used a brightly colored variegated thread called 'Rio de Janeiro' on it. It has all the colors-orange, turquoise, pink, green, purple- so it was perfect for this quilt. 


I changed to a navy thread for the narrow border of circles. 


It is difficult to see the quilting, but I did a lot of flowery and feathery, leafy and swirly designs. 


I guess the name 'Polar Vortex' didn't have much affect on me! lol. 


I guess I was more into the Rio de Janeiro vibe.


Becki used up a lot of leftover scraps and bits to make the borders with.


I did a bit of ruler work on the triangles and free-motioned a lot of it too with swirls and some c2c.



She even had enough scraps to piece a strip for the back. 



Thanks Becki! Loved quilting this one.

No comments: