Tutorials

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Rita's Double Irish Chain


Rita made this lovely Double Irish Chain quilt and wanted some custom quilting on it.


Inspired by the circles in the fabric print, I quilted a lot of circles and double bubbles.


It took some extensive internet researching to come up with a design in the light areas, but ended up finding this design via Pinterest. I'd post the link, but it no longer works. The first few blocks I used my water soluble marker quite a bit on.


Once I got the hang of it, the markings just become center points.


Those partial blocks are tricky, but I think this design was easy enough to alter with the missing points than most of the others I'd seen.



I really wanted to use some of my blue threads, or even a turquoise variegated spool I have, but ended up just using a gray on the blue areas and a light silver gray on the lighter areas.



The back.



Thanks Rita!

No comments: