Tutorials

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

AQS Des Moines!


The AQS Show was back in Des Moines a couple weeks ago. It's been 5 years since the last time it was in Des Moines, and I have missed it! This time though, my sister Katie decided to submit a couple of her quilts into the jurying process. Ones that I quilted.  And they BOTH got in! We were all very excited to see them hanging amongst all the amazing talent at the show.


This was the other one- an applique wallhanging. 


And here we both are! 


Katie was interviewed by show director Bonnie Browning for the QuiltWeek YouTube channel.  I did not appear on this interview, but I did on the orange and brown one. Click here for the video.


And here was the Best in Show made by Janet Stone. Just amazing workmanship on this. Sheer perfection.


And here are the only other 2 pictures I took at the show. Just a couple close ups of some quilting I found inspirational. I liked how the quilting traveled around inside the star on this one.


I also really liked the outer border on this one- clusters of different Graffiti style designs separated with straight lines. 

Anyways, it was a great show. One we will always remember the first time our quilts have mingled with greatness! Our toes have been dipped into the quilting elite pool. Who knows what will happen next year?!

 

No comments: