Tutorials

Friday, March 31, 2023

Another Red/Black T-Shirt Quilt


Joyce made this commissioned t-shirt quilt.


Red thread was requested like the last one I did for Joyce.





A look at the back and all the random designs I throw in. I guess my brain has a hard time just sticking to one or two quilting motifs in a quilt. I feel like t-shirt quilts are a good place to go random. Maybe because it's usually for a young teenager, or the different shirt designs and various interests and activities represented that feel like the green light is on to throw in different quilting designs. Maybe the large areas of negative space and the AMAZING quilting definition have something to do with it as well. 


Anyways, quilting t-shirt quilts are just about my favorite types to quilt. I don't get why some quilters will flat out not do them. Rarely do I have issues with puckering and such. 


Thanks a lot Joyce!

No comments: