Tutorials

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Elk quilt and Pop blocks


August was my month to pick a pattern for my do.Good Stitches Nurture group. I chose this simple star block called Pop. I still need to put the blocks together, but I am still a few blocks short. I am about to give up waiting for them to arrive at all. If anyone out there wants to make a couple more blocks I would LOVE it! After I get the top together, quilted and bound, it will get sent to a charity group called Covered in Love who gives them to families who have lost a loved one in the hospital in east Texas.


Lois made this neat Elk quilt by adding some fun borders to a large elk print panel.


I quilted some leaves in the narrow dark green border and added some straightline meandering in the brown triangles and large pebbles in the woodsy triangles.




For the center, I kept it super simple with swirls.


I liked doing this one and keeping it 'woodsy' with the quilting.


A peek at the back.
Thanks Lois!


No comments: