Tutorials

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Harley T-Shirt Quilt


I was commissioned to make a memory T-shirt quilt for David using his brothers Harley Davidson shirts. He wanted it to be about queen sized and had plenty of shirts (and backs of shirts) to do it. 


I don't normally make quilts from scratch for others unless it's a pretty simple pattern. So I kept this one as simple as I could. 


There were a few shirts that had designs that were larger than the rest, so they went in their own row on the bottom. 


Then there was this block. The long horizontal piece was from a sleeve, the three smaller bits on the right I pieced together. It does not look like a very complicated block, but the quilt math got me all confused! I ended up getting the measurements close enough to fudge it in. Phew!!





He was pretty happy with how it turned out. As was I! 
Thanks David! 

No comments: