Thursday, June 23, 2016

Baby Elephant Quilt

Teresa made this super adorable baby quilt with these sweet little machine applique elephants.

It's super hard to see the quilting, my light grey thread blended in really well, even in the outdoor sunlight.

I did a echoed paisley design with a few pebbles.

Thanks Teresa for having me quilt this sweet little baby quilt!

Monday, June 20, 2016

Elaine's t-shirt quilt

Elaine made this t-shirt quilt for her granddaughter, a brand new high school graduate. 

She was very into the drama department. I filled in the backgrounds with loops and filled stars in the cornerstones.

Super Giant swirls in the large black border.

Solid blue backing. How do you like my Christmas socks in May? lol. Elaine loved how it turned out--me too!

Monday, June 13, 2016

Case Tractor T-shirt quilt

I quilted several t-shirt quilts this spring, but this was my first with a huge tractor panel.  Joyce made this one full of football and Case tractors.

I like to use this paisley design on guys quilts.

I custom quilted the large tractor panel by adding swirling clouds, outlining the tractor and such.

Thanks Joyce- this was a fun one!

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Double Irish Chain and more repairs

This is Rita's Double Irish chain quilt. Love these colors.

I decided on c2c in the chain part and went with this swirly feather motif in the centers.

More feathers in the border.

This was the quilt where halfway through my machine took another dump on me.  The buttons started to malfunction and would beep at me all the time, the tension was all over the place, and I was beyond frustrated!  Long story short--I ended up taking it back to Nolting (a 4 hr drive) where they determined it was my motor.  It was burnt out! They got it replaced and back in working order in a couple hours. I barely had time to eat lunch and find a quilt shop! They were able to look up who actually built my machine, and it happened to be the same guy working on it that day! I thought that was pretty cool. He was also the same guy who worked on it a month earlier when I had a new bushing put in. When I showed up at the shop he said 'Hey, I remember you!' So after 2 trips to the factory within a month, I should be set to go for a LOOOONG time! I sure hope so because it is not exactly cheap to get it fixed.  It also didn't help that I got a speeding ticket in the mail after the first trip. ouch. (You're welcome Cedar Rapids!)  So I made super sure I stayed under the limit this time! I didn't care if everyone flew past me, I was not getting another one!

Motors usually last 10-20 years. My machine was born in 2009 so it didn't quite make it to 10 years. But in the 4.5 years I have owned it I have quilted 500 quilts on it!

Despite all my troubles with my machine, I still like how this quilt turned out, even after having to rip out several spots and fix areas with terrible tension.

It ended up turning out nice, but was very glad when this quilt finally went home with Rita!

Friday, June 3, 2016

Faux Log Cabin

Teresa made this lovely Christmas faux log cabin quilt.

I quilted a fancy flower pattern in the cream areas...

...and feathers in the red/greens.

The backside.

Thanks Teresa!!

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Convoy- Pat's

Pat made this Buggy Barn Convoy, and actually made them going uphill like the pattern directions and not in rows like the ones my Mom made. Which makes it a little trickier to quilt, but I was able to fit most of the truck blocks into my quilting space, so that helped.

She liked the way I had quilted ones my Mom made, so I followed suit with different backgrounds and designs in the dump trucks. And the wheel hubs too!

Thanks Pat, your quilt turned out so nice and I had fun quilting it!

Monday, May 23, 2016


Becki (aka, my Mom) made this Buggy Barn quilt called Convoy.  This is the third and final one she has made for her little grandsons.  This time it's for us! Well, my son actually.  I think she is very glad to be done with these quilts!

I quilted them similarly to the other two--a different background in each and a different design in the truck and in the wheels.  Yeah, this one will stretch your creativity!

Oak leaves and diamonds

hearts and a fancy swirl on this one.

these guys just needed to be outlined and sid around the green detailed parts.

The HST rows got big pebbles and a straight meander.

Except for a couple rows got a c2c with a swirl just to change things up a little.

The large border got a squared swirl and the narrow dark green border got some double bubbles.

Taa Daa!  I don't think my son has any idea that this one is for him. I think he will be pleasantly surprised when he does get it.  He was not around very much when I was quilting on it.  It might not be until Christmas when he does get it, so he will have forgotten all about it by then anyway.

If you like this quilt, guess what?!  There's another Convoy coming up next!

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Homebase, Bitty Blocks

May is my month to pick out a quilt design for my Do.Good Stitches Haven circle. I picked out another Bee Hive block from Blossom Heart Quilts. Homebase.  (we did Wanta Fanta last year) I love this block. It is very simple to make and makes a really cool secondary pattern when the blocks are put together.  I have been receiving blocks in the mail already and they are looking great!

Becki (aka Mom) made this adorable baby quilt called Bitty Blocks.

I tried out an all-over paisley swirl design from Whirls and Swirls.

So cute!

Thanks Becki!

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Heart Twister

Linda made this adorable heart twister wallhanging.

I quilted a large heart in the center with a few curls inside, then feathers around that in the mostly red areas.

Around the outside I did curls with little hearts, and SID the red border.

The backside.
Thanks Linda!