Tutorials

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Buggy Barn- Convoy


This Convoy Buggy Barn quilt was made by my Mom and given to my little nephew on his 2nd birthday.  He loved it! He laid on it with a big smile and started wiggling around.  It was pretty cute.  



Let's take a look at how I quilted it, shall we?  I quilted a different fill in each background and outlined each wheel on the outside and then did a little something in the centers.  On these trucks, I SID around the window and the other long pieces on the top and to the right, and left the main part of the truck as is.


The dump trucks needed a little bit of quilting, so each of those are a little different too.  I even 'loaded' a few of the trucks/loaders with rocks.  (like the one on the right)  For the HST rows, I did C2C in the green and alternated by row between pebbles and a straight meander.  



Beep Beep!


Quilting this one was pretty fun.  But since I loaded it the short way-right side up- it seemed that the convoy would never stop each time I advanced the quilt!  Mom has plans to make 2 more of these quilts for her other grandsons, so it's a good thing they are fun to quilt!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did an awesome job! BTW, that's me holding the quilt up! He! He!
~ Mom

Anonymous said...

What a great mother - daughter combination. Love this quilt. Aunt Diane

a-s said...

May i get a pattern i would love to make this for my great nephew who is due end of October?

Judy said...

I would like to know where to find the pattern, as well. Judy

Down to Sew said...

https://www.onesisterdesigns.com/shop/c/p/Those-Crazy-Kids-x5477141.htm

It is in this book.

Down to Sew said...

https://www.onesisterdesigns.com/shop/c/p/Those-Crazy-Kids-x5477141.htm

It is in this book.

Suzy said...

Can you please tell me how you stitched around the "wheels"? Did you do a zig-zag stitch or a straight stitch? The tractor tires seem like they will be alot of work stitching them down.....thanks in advance for answering!

Down to Sew said...

The sewer zig-zagged around each tire. A lot of work for sure!

dlj said...

Looking high and low for this pattern. The book is out of print. Anyone interested in selling it?
dixieljohns@gmail.com

Down to Sew said...

I found a book for sale on Amazon. They are asking $125!! Must be rare I guess. Too bad they are no longer available.