Tutorials

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Irish Chain for a Wildcat

This quilt by Karen was made for a Kansas State fan.  She is new to quilting but I think she did an excellent job piecing this ambitious pattern.   





I tried to do a more "manly" quilting design and like how this one turned out.  It makes me think of a fancy paint job on a hotrod motorcycle.  Irish chains are tricky to quilt with all those diagonal sections and then the big open spaces which are flattened on the edges of the quilt. 


And then there are those tricky little grey squares that looked perfect for a little star inside.  I somehow managed to have Karen go from hating everything about this quilt to loving it.  Woo-woot!

2 comments:

Jan Marie said...

Jenny, I really like that irish chain. I have always wanted to do one but have not made it to that part of the list. I enjoyed seeing you on my blog. thanks for visiting.

Karen said...

I DO love the quilt now. I did not pick the colour scheme and I did not enjoy putting it together.
Thank you so much for the awesome quilting.