Tutorials

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another one bites the dust


 Quilt #4 featuring Hook feathers.


and the back.  



Moving on to quilt #5 which I've just barely started.  This time I am trying something a bit different and doing a half feather using the edge of the border as the spine. 



I actually helped make this one.  You take a light and a dark 5" square and make 2 HST (half square triangle) units which you then cut into quarters.  So you get the units you see in that little block in the corner: 2 small HST's and a light and a dark square.  You can arrange them in a bunch of different ways.  I'm probably not explaining it very well, but hopefully you get the idea.  Anyway, I am currently stumped on what to quilt in the pieced border...oh yeah, and the rest of the quilt.  :)  any suggestions?

No comments: