Tutorials

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sew Fresh Fabrics Scrap Quilting Bee Bundle


It came today!!  My little bundle of scraps from Sew Fresh Fabrics arrived in the mail today.  I signed up to participate in the 2nd round of their bee.  They send me "scraps" (these pieces are a lot bigger than most of the ones in my scrap bin!  These actually would still be in my "regular sized" fabric bin...so sad, I know.) and I make a 12.5 inch unfinished block that I send back to them.  Then they make it into a quilt that gets donated to charity.  This round the charity is the Hopes and Dreams Quilt Challenge for ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease).  You can check out our progress on their Flicker group hereAnd I get to keep the any of the leftover fabric.  Which I love by the way. 

I think this bee is such an awesome idea.  It's what I'd call a win-win-win. 


Winning!!

No comments: