Tutorials

Monday, December 5, 2011

Peggy's Christmas Quilts

Peggy had me quilt these 4 fun little Christmas quilts.  One for each of her adult children and one for herself.  They have seen the quilt tops, so I'm not spoiling any surprises here.  :)

This first one I did free-motion feathers.  I used a Holiday variegated thread which really turned out nice with her festive colors.


The back.


Quilt #2...

...and the back.  The quilting on this one goes along with the design in one of the light fabrics. 


Quilt #3 was curly-Q's and holly leaves.  See where I got the idea for curly-Q's??


And #4 was loops and holly leaves. 


These were the last quilts I did on my old longarm machine.  That's right- I purchased a new longarm about a month ago! (I'm really good at keeping this blog up to date huh?)  It's a Nolting Fun Quilter 20".  I think I have finally gotten to the point where I'm comfortable with it.  It takes a while to get used to the feel of a different machine- much like driving a different car.  Perhaps I will share my new machine with you in another post.  But for now, I have more holiday quilting to do!

4 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Yeah for you getting a new machine!! Now, can you come help me with my Fun Quilter?? =)

I bought Glide thread and Glide pre wound bobbins. I used them once and it did ok...I later figured out what trouble I did have was because I had the quilt top too taught between the bars and that messed up my tension. I have to psych myself up to use it because I get a little stressed.

I know, I know....Practice, practice, practice....

Your feathers are wonderful...

Sarah said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love them :) Already hanging mine up for the holidays!

~Sarah

QuiltNut Creations said...

lovely quilts. I am jealous of your feathers, I just can not get the hang of them!

Anonymous said...

Love the holly leaves and curlicues. They area all beautiful and I'm sure enjoyed and treasured by the recipients.
~ Mom