Tutorials

Friday, August 10, 2012

A Fall Panel


Linda had me do this pretty fall panel wallhanging. 


It's hard to see the quilting here, but I did a meandering leaf design in the large border, leaves in the smaller border, and in the panel I outlined most of the pattern in a dark yellow thread.  Then I meandered the background a little bit with black. 


I don't know if you can see where I quilted, but that was kind of the whole idea.  I didn't want the quilting to be too distracting from everything that was going on in the panel. 

And I must say that the weather is finally cooperating and has cooled off some and we got some very much needed rain.  So it kind of feels like fall.  And with the corn turning a month earlier than usual from all the stress- it is looking like fall already too! 

No comments: