Tutorials

Monday, December 21, 2015

Karen's Flannel


Karen also made this quilt using up scraps from her elephant quilt and using some thick plaid flannel. Contrast much?


I added to the contrast with giant swirls in the green strips...


...and cross-hatching in the plaid.  This was my first time doing cross-hatching. I was reluctant to do it honestly, but realized that all my marks were already there, I just had to connect the dots. Ok, that's not so scary then! Natalia Bonner has a great tutorial for continuous line cross-hatching.


The all-flannel back.  Yep, this will be one warm and cozy quilt!
Thanks Karen!

I've been busy trying to finish up a few sewing projects for Christmas, along with all the other things on my holiday to-do list. I think I just might make it! Can't wait to show you what I've been working on! 


Merry Christmas from Down to Sew!


No comments: