Tutorials

Friday, February 3, 2017

Boxed pencil pouches

It all started when someone on my Christmas list requested a pencil case.  I found some great tutorials for these boxed pencil pouches and thought I would give it a try. SO fun and quick! 



I had stocked up on a whole bunch of fun and fancy zippers back when Hancock Fabrics was closing out. I was almost kicking myself for buying so many zippers without having a project for them.


So I ended up making pouches for (just about) everyone on my Christmas list.


I would cut out 3 or 4 at a time and sew them together in an assembly line. I got so I could sew up 3 or 4 in an hour.


This one's Katie's. I happened to have a scrap with her name stitched on it- making it the perfect tag.


The sewing ladies went to my Mom.


The goofy veggies went to my little nieces and nephews.  Inside them all I put some homemade hot chocolate mix and some mini-marshmallows for a yummy holiday treat.


Here is another batch.


It is very easy to adjust the size of the pouch to whatever size zipper you happen to have. Most of these are 7 inch zippers. Some were a bit longer. The 7 inch ones are still long enough to hold a pen or pencil, plus whatever else your little heart desires.


The linings were just machine stitched shut with a very narrow seam allowance.

These were a fun little project that added a little homemade touch to my Christmas gifts.

1 comment:

beckip54@gmail.com said...

I absolutely LOVE my bag!! And what a score on the zippers!