Tutorials

Monday, July 30, 2018

Star Value- Do.Good Stitches Nurture Circle


I changed Do.Good Stitches groups at the beginning of the year to the Nurture Circle. They needed a quilter and someone to head up the month of January, so I took it on as another chance to make one of my favorite quilt patterns- Star Value!


Here we have the top all together.  There are just 12 blocks in this quilt! We made 16" blocks using 2.5 and 3 inch squares. 


All quilted up! I did it similarly to the last one I did.  Loops in the light areas, straight meander in the gray frames, loop design in the centers.  In the stars, a curved geometric design.



The back with our really nice labels.  I machine stitched the binding on this time.  It is just so much quicker for me that way. Thanks Nurture circle girls! Your blocks turned out perfect!

I've been working on my own version of this quilt.  I have 3/4 of the blocks done! It is going to be double the size of this one, so 24 blocks is the goal. 

No comments: