Tutorials

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Lindsay's Purple T-shirt Quilt


Lindsay made herself a T-shirt quilt. She did an excellent job for being a beginner! I quilted and bound it for by machine too.


I quilted an all-over design on it-mostly a paisley feathered swirl, adding different designs here and there as I went along.



She wanted an all-over, but I still cant help trying to avoid some of the screen printing if I can. Or at least quilting through it as little as necessary.  Mainly because the needle punches a hole into that plastic-y print, and over time and wear and tear and washing and drying, that hole will start to crack and get bigger and eventually the printing will start to flake off.


I suppose that's why some quilters don't like quilting t-shirt quilts, but they are still about my favorite kind of quilts to quilt.  I think it's because of the great definition you get from the knit fabric.  Or maybe because quilting around the designs is kind of fun, like a puzzle or a maze to figure out. Or maybe it's because it's like a fabric scrapbook of a person's life interests. 


Purple minky on the back turned out great!


This will be the quilt to cuddle with on a cold night for sure! Thanks Lindsay!

No comments: