Tutorials

Monday, October 15, 2018

The biggest quilt I've ever quilted!


Emma made the biggest quilt I've ever quilted! Her T-shirt quilt measured 115 by 135 inches! It was actually too long for my table, so I had to put it on the short-way, vertically. Which was a bit of a bummer since her shirts were pieced in vertical rows, but it worked out just fine in the end.


This very active graduating high school senior put in a life time of shirts into this quilt. 


I couldn't even get the whole thing in the picture! Did I mention that this was her first ever quilt? She sure went for it all!


She had a large purple space that she thought would be a good place to quilt in "2018".


Otherwise it was a lot of filling in with all kinds of designs and outlining the shirt decals.


I used a gray thread throughout.


Emma was another one of my 4-H'er quilts that received a State Fair Alternate at the county fair.


Gotta love this girl's ambition to tackle this big first-time quilt. But I'd be willing to bet that her next quilt will be a little bit smaller ;)


Nice job Emma!

No comments: