Tutorials

Friday, December 7, 2018

Norene's Pink Squares


Norene made this sweet girly quilt for her granddaughter, my daughter Gretta! So, I wanted to quilt it extra fancy for her. :)



I loved turning this simple quilt into something fancy with the quilting.


I used a pink thread on most of it, doing a C2C design in the blocks and doubling it in the solid squares. 


The wide, solid pink border was just perfect for some fancy scallops. I used the piecing to guide the placement of the curves. I did a bit of marking for the corners.


I filled in with lots of little swirls and used a contrasting purple thread to help it stand out.


I did a piano keys in the buffalo check border.




I usually freehand my C2C's, but this time I used rulers. Two different ones as the inner curve it a bit tighter than the rest. So it took me a LOT longer than usual.


But boy does it look nice!


Thanks Norene- I'm sure Gretta will love it!

No comments: