Tutorials

Friday, July 2, 2021

My Green Mystery Quilt


This quilt is one of my own! My local quilt guild did a mystery quilt challenge, this was probably started 2 years ago. I decided to participate using up some of my stash of green yardage. I love how the blocks are made to look like they are on point, but aren't.


I custom quilted the borders with leaves,  and feathers.



The center was filled with more feathers, curls, feathered scallops, and leaves.


I was probably half-way through the project when I finally realized that my scalloped print was actually directional. Once I realized, I tried to make the effort to piece them in the same direction, but ended up having a few mismatched blocks. But I don't think it's super noticeable.


A look at the back.



I'm pretty pleased with how it ended up looking. It's now my evening in the recliner quilt as I sit in front of the TV right underneath the AC vent. Mystery quilts are pretty fun. Especially when you can use up what you already have in your stash!

 

No comments: