Tutorials

Thursday, December 30, 2021

Norene's Old Glory Eagle



Norene made this patriotic quilt from a printed panel.


She added some very wide borders in solid yellow and red fabrics that were just begging for some custom quilting.



I divided up the red border with a funky blade feather and large pebbles around the outside.


I piano-keyed the printed striped border.


I outlined the panel elements and filled in with swirls. This quilt is going to a grandson to be used, so I still wanted it to be more on the cuddly side rather than the cardboard side of the quilting spectrum.



I French-fried the yellow border. Ha! At least that's what it reminds me of. I used a ruler to make 1/2 inch lines in random angles.




I used matching threads in red, yellow, blue and a little bit of brown.



The back.



Thanks Norene!

 

No comments: