Tutorials

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

A WIP, Thrive (Again.)


Sharing a bit of my hot mess workspace. I've been cutting out pieces for my Farm Girl Vintage quilt in preparation of my quilt guild's upcoming retreat.


I'm making blocks from the first book, but using the layout of the second book. It uses a mix of 12 and 6 inch blocks instead of all one size. So I made a list separating out the sized blocks I want. I've been cutting out a few blocks here and there, then a sewing session sometime later, marking the list as I go.


About half the blocks are made, and the rest are all cut out ready for the retreat! I'm even so optimistic I'll get those all done, I've been cutting out another quilt to work on just in case. Flower Pop from Sew Kind of Wonderful is going to be next! It is going much faster than cutting out sampler blocks that is for sure!


Here's an action shot of the straight line quilting on the second Thrive quilt. I liked to make one line twice as far out, then come back the opposite way in-between. 2 steps forward, one step back.


This one is slightly different from the last one by only a color or two.




Thanks again Diane!

 

No comments: