Tutorials

Thursday, May 5, 2022

Sunny Stars-Do Good Stitches


Here is the Sunny Stars laid all out on my design wall.



Let the quilting begin!



I used up a piece of binding I acquired from somewhere that was already cut, pressed and in a nice little roll. It's a bit bold, but figured there wouldn't be a quilt that would match it any better coming down the pike anytime soon. So on it went! 




The final size was 60 by 47 inches with this 4 by 5 block layout.



This and the Scrappy Bear Paw quilt were the only two quilts our Nurture circle made last year. Our group is being re-formed right now and will start up again soon with a different charity. Half the members have left, and we will be getting 5 new sewers. I debated abandoning the group myself, it was pretty tempting, but then decided to keep going with it. It's all about the bigger picture and helping others with the time and talents I have. Plus, I really do enjoy seeing all the different quilts we make come together! Especially when the design is one of my own! So if anyone ends up using the Sunny Stars tutorial, I'd really love to see it!

 

No comments: