Tutorials

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Paula's Mystery Quilt, do.Good Stitches blocks


Paula made this fun version of our local guilds Mystery Quilt.


I added some stars, balls, and even a few footballs amongst the swirls.


Thanks Paula!


A couple of my do.Good Stitches blocks from this spring. These monochromatic scrappy blocks used 3.5 inch squares/HST, so they should finish at 18" square.


Another large block for the month of April. It's a free pattern called Kora. Our quilter wanted us to include some scrappy lengths for a border, all in earth tones. 

Some of our group members didn't have enough earthy tones to make this ONE block, which I find interesting. I guess most of my earthy tones in my stash aren't necessarily ones I have purchased, but acquired from other people's de-stash. Anyways, members who lacked earth tones traded making another persons scrappy star blocks if they made this block for them, so it all worked out. I just thought it was kinda funny how we all have different fabric tastes reflected by what's in our stash. I mean, I tend to use more bright colors in my own projects, not so much browns and dark earthy tones, but I still somehow have plenty in my stash. Just in case. I guess I just have a hard time turning away free fabric even if it's not really my 'vibe'. 

No comments: