Tutorials

Thursday, May 9, 2024

Around the Town Quilt


Lois made this beautiful patriotic version of Around the Town, a Villa Rosa pattern.


I use a red white and blue variegated thread for an all-over quilting design.






Thanks Lois!

What are the top 5 variegated threads I use?

I'm so glad you asked, I'd love to tell you! 

1. Red White and Blue- several of my clients love making QOV or patriotic quilts to give to friends or family who have served our country.
2. Christmas/ Red, green, white- who doesn't love a nice festive holiday quilt to snuggle under to watch a Christmas movie? 
3. Pastels/ pink, yellow, blue, green- It blends into more multi colored quilts than you'd think!
4. Brown/tan/cream- nice for a fall themed quilt, or brown quilts seem to go with lots of home decor color schemes. 
5. Tie between Jewel tones, and saturated primary colors- It takes a certain special colorful quilt to be able to use the colors in these threads. 

Any threads other than those are probably ordered for a special certain quilt, or I bought it thinking it would come in handy, but have only really used it once or twice ever. (ex. Turquoise/white)

 

No comments: