Tutorials

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Made: Baby Stuff

So, apparently I haven't posted in a couple weeks.  I guess I just haven't felt like it, so deal with it!  :)  I actually do other things besides sew ya know.  But not today.  In the last 24 hours I made all these things. 


A couple of bibs in preparation for the onslaught of babies of friends and relations that are going to be born in the next month or two.  This bib design was inspired by these here


And another ticker-tape doll quilt. 


I used a chunk of a muslin sandwich that was previously used to practice quilting a Christmas light motif.  That worked out pretty slick.  I hate basting.  I don't know how all you machine quilters (as in non-longarm) can do it all the time.  I give a GIANT Kudos to those that do! 



And in other news: I received this nice bundle of fabric for Christmas and I think I've decided what to do with it.  I'm going to use it for Natalia's Star Quilt Block-of-the-Month.  (BOM)  It's already 3 blocks in, but she did the simpler blocks first, so it should not be too difficult to get caught up.  I'm hoping that sewing one block/month will be just enough for me to keep up with.  Anyone else going to join in?



To quote Nancy Zieman:

"Bye for now."

2 comments:

osito1663 said...

you're funny. :)

Megan said...

Great little quilt Jenny! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday!