Yesterday I had some free time and decided that what I REALLY need to work on was a new purse. Mine has holes worn in it and is looking quite shabby. I had discovered Rae's Buttercup Bag Pattern looong ago. It was time to make it.
I even made a recessed zipper! I had a hard time figuring out how to do it. I combined the tutorials from here and here. Basically I cut the lining instructed in the first link, and then followed the sewing instructions from the second link.
The only bad thing is that it is waay to small! My stuff barely fits into it. Even the pen holder pocket I added is too short! Ugh! I had even enlarged the pattern 130% like Rae had mentioned. I don't think it worked. But the good news is that I have enough materials to make another -larger- attempt. The second round should go much smoother...if I ever get around to it!
This post is linked up once again to Sew Modern Monday. Check out the goods here.