Tutorials

Friday, July 22, 2011

Quilt #27 & Thread Recommendations



This is quilt #27.  These Jumbo-sized blocks were made using old shirts.  I love the shadowed 3-D effect it has!


I quilted feathers in the border, a vine of leaves in the black border and over-all swirls in the center.  I used grey Aurifil thread on top and Connecting Threads Silver Essential Pro in the bobbin.  They seem to work well together for me-they are very similar in color and thickness.  I really like Aurifil thread, but it is much more expensive, which is why I used the Essential Pro in the bobbin. 


You can see in more detail from the back.  I did change thread color in the black border to match.  Anyone have any thread preferences out there?  What breaks more than others?  I'd love to hear about it!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

My favorite threads for quilting are Isocord, and Aurafil.

Anonymous said...

Lovely no matter what thread you use!
- mom