I am still holding out on posts of my handmade Christmas gifts. Another week yet!
So here's a quilt I did up earlier this month. Pat made this one including the embroidery. It was huge!
She requested the suggested quilting lines from the pattern.
I modified them ever-so-slightly to minimize the number of stops.
The back. Pat provided the thread for this one- 2 little 250 yard dark red spools. I was concerned that wouldn't be enough. Especially since this one measured 105 by 107 inches. But since I just used it for the top sashings, there was plenty. Granted my quilting was not too dense which helped. But this was a good little lesson for me. I really don't pay much attention to how much thread a quilt uses. I know I can do several quilt tops with a 3,315 yard spool, but I don't think I could come within 100 yards if I had to guess.
So now I know: 500 yards should do a queen size (not including the bobbin).