Tutorials

Monday, December 31, 2012

QCR QAL Blocks 5 and 6: 4 and 9-Patch

 
Scrappy version.  I tried to jazz my blocks up a bit this time and made the center curves a contrasting color.  I like it!

 
Official version.  This time I turned the darker patches away from the center.  Gives it a bit if a different look!  This was the trickiest block to do so far.  But it wasn't too bad. 
 
But then here's the next block- 9-patch.  I guess the 4-patch was just practice! 
 
Scrappy version. 
 
I sometimes have a hard time finding big enough chunks of fabric in my scraps for these blocks.  They measure 16.5 inches square.  Since the yellows matched really well, I had to piece my plaid strips to make them wide enough.  Works for me! :)  So making the scrappy block usually takes me longer than the official version.

 
Official version.  I really like how it turned out!
 
I've shocked myself that I've been able to keep up with the QAL so far.  Especially over the holidays.  But we still have a long way to go, so there is still plenty of time to get off track.  ha ha.
 
Happy New Year!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blocks look awesome and I can't wait to see what you are NOT putting on your blog!!!

~ mom