Tutorials

Friday, August 30, 2013

Star Value block and a couple from Joan


 
First off I want to share my do. Good Stitches block for September.  This is MY month to come up with a design for the rest of the gals to make.  I wanted something that was scrap friendly, simple to construct, and I also wanted it to have a bit of a secondary design to it when all the blocks come together.  So I kept my eyes peeled while checking out various blogs, and when I came across Melissa's Star Value block tutorial- That was it!  Perfect!  She even has instructions for 5 different block sizes!  This is the 20" size--you cut out 3 and 3.5" squares.  Yeah, it's a lot of squares, but once you get your fabric selections made and everything cut out, it goes together pretty darn quick. 
 
If you want and idea of how a dozen of these blocks look like all together- here's Melissa's
 
So, the Haven group is off and running to make this block!  I can't wait to start getting them in the mail...
 
 
Alright.  Now, here are a couple things from Joan.  Isn't this baby quilt adorable?  Those little animals in their sleepers...Awwe. 


 
She wanted an all-over design, so I did a feathered swirl.  It turned out pretty cute. 

 
She also had this table runner. 

 
Just do a meander she said.  No problemo there!  Thanks Joan!

No comments: