Little Madisen finally got her baby quilt last month. She's 6 months old now, but better late than never! But it was the first time I got to see her in person. She's my cousin's little girl. She has 2 older brothers, so she needed a bit of girlyness with a quilt! I went with purple and greens. And then added just enough pink to make it girly. But not too girly.
Now, if you have been following my little blog for a while, you have seen me make similar quilts before. Maybe a dozen or so! If you are kinda new around here- this is what I do. I sort my little scraps into shoe boxes by color and they all live in a dresser drawer in my sewing space. Every so often (when a box gets full and i can't hardly shut the drawer anymore for instance. Or when I'm between projects and need something to sew on.) I will get out a box and start randomly sewing scraps together to make a 10" block. Then the blocks get thrown in another drawer and wait to be made into a baby quilt. I did a recent block count--somewhere around 35 blocks! Umm. Better start doing something with them!
I like to quilt something different in each block.
It's hard to fit 5 improv letters into a 10" square.
Note to self: Stick with just their initials. Or even better- just the first letter of their first name.
I could sit there and look at all the different fabrics in there for hours. I used flannel scraps for the backing. I saw this Flying Dutchman tutorial from V and Co. and thought I could make HST units out of my blocks and make something similar. I might try that next time. I think it's time to change it up a little bit.