Kayla discovered this gem among her Mother's sewing stash after she had passed and wanted it finished. That's where I came in.
I quilted feathers in the outer border and leaves in the smaller red border. Among the stamps I did an all-over feather.
There was a lifetime of fabrics in this quilt! Some old prints mixed in with some more modern pieces. Some I even recognized from my own stash. Each square is about 1 inch finished. (Notice my lego guy is in there for scale purposes.)
There were a couple places where she had removed a patch and had never gotten around to replacing. (Both were supposed to be green squares.) Kayla wanted it left that way, so I turned the raw edges under best I could and quilted around the edges. Then I dabbed some fray check on it too. It is to be a wallhanging so it won't see a ton of abuse. I think it should hold up well.
A peek at the back. I bound it and had it back in time for Kayla to share with her family over the holidays. She said they had a special time remembering her mother with it.