Tutorials

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

From the Beginning--A new original pattern


I'm SO excited to finally be able to share this quilt with you! My sister Katie has been wanting to dip her toes into the pattern business for a long time now.  She has always been good at doing puzzles, logic puzzles, and is very creative as well, so this new adventure is right up her ally.  She designed this amazing wallhanging a while back (a few years ago) and it is finally quilted, bound and the pattern has been tested and reviewed and created and posted for YOU to create!


I wanted to quilt some graffiti-style designs to match the symbolism of the design. I did lots of researching of ideas and motifs to add to this quilt. So fun!


The center is applique, as well as the arrow, while the rest is simple piecing log-cabin style.


Graffiti quilting is so fun to do. This was my first go at it and have since done more.




This pattern finishes at 32 by 36 inches.


The back. You can purchase this amazing and unique pattern 'From the Beginning' here!

I would love to hear what you think of this design.  Do you love it like I do?--she has more quilt patterns in the works, so stay tuned!

No comments: