Tutorials

Friday, October 21, 2016

Susie's- A quilt for every season


This is the second installment of Susie's quilts. A quilt for every season! She's had these quilt tops done for a long time. They are older than my kids she says. (oldest is 4.) First up is this sampler in a fall apple theme.


I custom quilted the borders with feathers, swirls and leaves.



The center was filled with more of the same motifs.


Blue backing.



I guess this one is still fall, but more late fall than the early fall apple quilt. :)


Love how these fabrics were put together- gourds, leaves, pumpkins, acorns...


I did an all-over with lots of leaves and swirls.


These are all free-motion.


Lastly is this Christmas panel.


In my red, white and green variegated thread I did an all-over of holly leaves, stars and loops.



I used red in the bobbin for the red back.

Thanks Susie!

No comments: