Tutorials

Thursday, March 9, 2017

DoGood Stitches Sampler Quilt


Last November was my month again to come up with a quilt design. I had four of these adorable machine embroidered animal blocks my friend Teresa had given to me along with some coordinating scraps. So in an effort to get one less UFO completed and out of my way, I thought to design our do good stitches quilt around them.



I had each member make two unique 12.5 inch blocks to make a sampler.  I added scraps around the animal blocks in order to make them to size.


I added some 2.5 inch sashing and cornerstones.



For the quilting, I did swirls and every-so-often added a line of various shapes- Like stars.

Circles, hearts, and ribbon candy.



This string block made for the perfect center, so I custom quilted a design in it.



Awesome job once again ladies!  It is now in Texas at Redeemed Ministries.

1 comment:

beckip54@gmail.com said...

What a wonderful quit for some lucky child!