Tutorials

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Split 9-Patch DGS


This quilt is our do.Good Stitches Split 9-Patch that we started making sometime last summer I think? August? I'm not sure anymore, but it's all done!


We made a Split 9-patch quilt with blues, grays, black and lights previously with my Haven circle. I arranged that one in a zig-zag pattern, so I wanted to try out another layout this time. 


This go-around I wanted a brighter color palate. And going off of some yardage I wanted to use up, went with red and yellow with bright colors on one side and lights on the other.


I quilted paisley feathered swirls all over the center area, with some double circles in the mix too.


More paisley feathers in the yellow border, and playing on the polka-dots, did some double circles in the narrow red border.


Love this layout! You can find my little tutorial for this block here


Another great job ladies! This is going out to Texas to our designated charity, Covered In Love.


2 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

so bright and cheery...love that border!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Love the colors! Someone will be very happy when they get it! =)