Tutorials

Friday, July 10, 2020

A T-shirt Quilt Resume




My sister Katie was asked by our cousin to make a T-shirt quilt for him. This guy has been wrestling since he was 4 years old, was state champion in high school, wrestled with the NCAA National championship team at Iowa, and has moved up the ranks from assistant coaching at high schools, various small colleges, and is now a collegiate head coach. 











So this quilt is basically his wrestling resume!



This was an 'in progress' shot that I posted on my Instagram page. (jenny.schechinger if you are interested.) I sometimes post what I'm working on and other quilty things there.



The background fabric is this really cool black with metallic gold oil spill looking print on it.



I custom quilted a few areas in the pieced bits.



A little ruler work on the flying geese.




I think Katie used up a lot of little scrappy bits, orphan blocks, and leftover units she had laying around. They really make the quilt special though!


A peek at the solid black back. 
Hope you love your amazing quilt cousin! We sure had fun making and quilting it! Something about quilting a quilt for family makes it a little bit extra special for me. 

No comments: