Tutorials

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Glowing Green Stacked Coins


Here is another one of Becki's stacked coins quilts. This one is in a bright emerald green.


I went with a leafy theme this time, filling in the strips with grassy feathers, and a wheat grass border for the outside.


I kept the quilting simple in the stacked coins with loops and leaves, but kicked it up a notch by using Luminary glow-in-the-dark thread in green. It comes in five different colors- blue, pink, white, yellow and green.


This was my first time using this kind of quilting thread, and I was excited to try it. Becki (aka. my Mom) makes a good guinea pig! Well, my machine really struggled with this thread, and I had to slow it waay down in order to keep it from breaking every 8 inches or so. I love to go fast when in non-stitch regulated mode, so it was almost painful how slow I had to go to keep the thread from breaking.


In the end, slow and steady wins the race, and the next time I use Luminary thread, it's going in the bobbin! Has anyone else tried Luminary glow-in-the-dark thread? How did it work for you?

Thanks for being my guinea pig Becki!

1 comment:

cityquilter grace said...

very nice background color...makes the 'coins' really pop