Tutorials

Monday, January 11, 2021

Katie's Hand Appliqued Circle Lattice




Katie hand stitched this appliqued whole cloth wallhanging. This pattern is called Circle Lattice by Carolyn Friedlander.


I have a pretend action shot to show with this one! I used my curved rulers to SID around all those coral colored curves. 


The coral solid fabric you see here is all one piece of fabric that Katie cut and hand appliqued onto her background fabric. !! wow.


All that time and effort put into this quilt, I didn't want to mess it up! I filled in the background areas with pebbles.



For the polka dot border, I went with some cross-hatching, attempting to hit the centers of all the dots. Dots that were not exactly evenly lined up in the print to start with... so, it's an organic cross-hatch. Yes, that sounds good. 






A look at the back.



Pretty cool! Thanks Katie!

 

No comments: