Tutorials

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Norene's Grunge Checkerboard


Norene made this checkerboard quilt with a variety of Grunge colors. 


With this pattern, it was a perfect chance to do some ruler work. I used my 8 inch circle ruler to stitch a crisscross football shape in each square. 


In the border, I free-handed a double bubble to go hand in hand with the large polka dots in the fabrics.


I believe this quilt was started with the intent to make it into a Twister design. Norene has made several beautiful  Twister quilts in the past. Here's a little one, a blue and yellow, a scrappy one, and a rainbow one she has made in the past.  But, after getting the big quilt pieced this far, she decided it was good enough this way and decided not to cut it all up. 


I can't blame her one bit!






I like it!


The back.




Thanks Norene!

 

No comments: