Tutorials

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Jessica's Confetti Crossroads Calendar Entry!


One day last spring Jessica tells me she has a quilt she is dropping off on a Sunday, and she needs it done by next Saturday so she can bind it quick and be in a photo shoot the next day. 


Alright.
 Cool! 
No problem! 


Ack!





I decided on a fun geometric design that filled up all the squares in each block.


Some quick loops around the background of the blocks.



And some fun ribbon candy in the sashings.













I took lots of pictures! The lighting in these are much better.



I love how it turned out so much!



So off it went with Jessica, and I kind of forgot about it for a while.


Until August when I opened a piece of mail from APQ and saw her quilt in it! Honestly, I was about to toss it in the recycling bin when I saw something familiar on it! 


So, this was a special promotion for a 2022 calendar complete with pattern instructions for each month. And yes, I sent in my check and order right away!



And here it is!! May 2022 baby!


And here's the proof. My name on the very bottom of the page. This is the only way I'll be a calendar girl! ha ha! 
Thanks so much Jessica for the opportunity to be a small part of this publication! I'm pretty tickled about it for sure. I mean, the likes of Natalia Bonner and Kim Diehl and others are in there. And now Jessica! Congrats girl!!
 

3 comments:

beckip54@gmail.com said...

That is so awesome, Jenny! They even spelled your name right! You did such a beautiful job quilting how could they resist putting Jessica's beautiful quilt in their calendar!

Down to Sew said...

Thanks Mom!

Jessica said...

Thank you!!! You did such a great job on this rush job.
Maybe you can sign my copy! - Jessica