Tutorials

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summertime Row Quilt


This quilt has a bit of a story behind it.  One day my mom, sister and I thought it would be fun to do a row exchange where each person involved makes a row, then each month passes it on to the next person on the list.  They add a row to it, and pass it onto the next lady and so on.  Then at the end of it all you get all your rows back and -surprise!  Look at what everyone made for you! 

So we duped some friends and relations into joining in.  8 of us in all.  Each person had a bit of a theme.  One had Christmas, another 4th of July, one had a little girl theme, another was countries they had traveled to...  A couple of us sent fabric they wanted us to use, others said use whatever you have that will go with. 


 Aunt Diane's theme was Summer.  I had fun custom quilting each row. 



Of course I had to do a row of feathers :)


This row is the coolest!



This row had a swirling water theme.




This was the row I did- Flip Flops!  It's not summertime unless you've got on some flip-flops. 


This was a lot of fun to receive a new set of rows to work with each month and see what the quilters did previously.  But it was also challenging to come up with a block to go with the theme.  I'm really glad we did it, but I don't think we will be doing it again anytime soon! 

My  row quilt is still in rows in a box.  Maybe this winter I will figure out how I want to put it all together.  Maybe...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way cool, Jenny! Diane is very happy with her quilt!
~ mom