Tutorials

Thursday, October 6, 2011

AQS Show success and #35

Well the AQS Show last week was a success!  I learned a lot from my classes from Sue Patten and looked at a ton of awesome and inspiring quilts.  I tried out longarm machines (more about that later) and I met up with Karen who passed off a couple quilt tops for me to quilt.  I took lots of pictures of amazing quilts, but then realized that I needed permission from the quilter to post them on my blog, so ummm no pictures here.  But if you mention it in a comment, I will be happy to send you some via e-mail! 

This was the Des Moines Quilt Guild Show that was in the Wells Fargo Arena. 


A lot of these quilts could very well have been included in the AQS show, they are that good.  There were a few I recognized that were entered in the Iowa State Fair this year too.



This one is called "Mt. Hood".  It uses 5" squares.  A lot of them!  My sister made this one looooong ago (like maybe almost 10 years), and now it's finally finished!  (Got that binding sewn on yet Sis?)


The quilting design was my free-hand attempt of this pantograph


Talk about a pieced back!  And this was quilt #35.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Mt. Hood is finally finished!
~ mom

Jenny said...

I almost went but didn't....looks so big and cool! Your quilting looks great...very smooth!! You'll be just fine when you start your business...;o)