Tutorials

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Handmade Christmas Gifts 2011: Reindeer Pillows and Nursing Covers

One of my very few handmade Christmas gifts this year are a couple of these Reindeer Pillows for my niece and nephews.  Once I saw this on Longarmclassroom.com I knew I had to make them!  What a cute little holiday memento of your little one! 


You trace their hands and a foot to make the reindeer faces. 


Quilting in the names proved to be a challenge for me. 


They were a big hit--little Thea insisted she sleep with hers last night. 

The only other handmade gifts I made were a couple of nursing covers that I did not get pictures of.  The FREE pattern is from Connecting Threads.  The pattern is pretty easy.  It took longer to press all the edges under than it did to actually sew it together.  But the hardest part was deciding what fabric to use!  I forgot that I need to make one for myself too!


Also- Remember these little mini Christmas quilts (and here) I made last year?  Well, during various holiday visits to both Grandma's, Mom's and MIL's, I spotted each and every one on display in their homes.  Kinda gave me the warm fuzzies :)

And that wraps up my Christmases this year!  Next up- delivering our baby in the next couple weeks.  I'm soo ready to wrap up this 3rd trimester and finally meet our little guy! 

Wishing all my readers a blessed 2012!

No comments: