Tutorials

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Fancy Rail-Fence

 
Norene made this quilt and wanted something kinda fancy quilted in the blocks. 

 
I did my funky feather again in the border.
 
 
And this is what I ended up doing in the blocks.  It's a design from a book I have- Free-Motion Quilting Made Easy by Eva Larkin.  It's full of block designs like this where you do minimal marking.  All the marking I did was a center line in the opposite direction of the strips.

 
And some custom borders.
 
 
 
Sometimes when you are quilting you have no idea how it really looks until you take it off the machine and lay it out and take a step back. 
 
 
A solid white back really shows off the quilting!
 

 
Taa-Daa! 

2 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful quilt and your FMQ is just amazing.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

It's beautiful!!